As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
The M12 and M18 inflators are better for topping off tires safely. The m18 has a significantly better inflating performance than the m12 inflator. The m18 inflator takes under 1 minute to top off any 33″ light truck tires and has a maximum pressure capacity of 150 PSI.
Milwaukee M12 Inflator 2475-20
- Airflow rates: 0.88 CFM @ 0 PSI, 0.63 CFM @ 35 PSI
- Max PSI: 120 PSI
- Size: 7.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches
- weight: 3.5 pounds
Comparing the Milwaukee m12 with competitors’ 12V cordless tire inflator, the Milwaukee m12 is the clear winner.
On the other hand, the Milwaukee m18 is the fastest and most reliable cordless inflator compared to competitors’ 18V cordless inflators.
Now, the question is, which one to choose between the m12 and m18?
Milwaukee m12 and m18 have all the features and protection you’d demand in a cordless tire inflator.
The Milwaukee m12 and m18 tire inflators feature an easy-to-read display, easy pressure settings, compactness, thermal protection, high-efficiency motor, and most accuracy.
What are the differences between the Milwaukee m12 and m18 tire inflator?
- Airflow rates comparison (CFM): The Milwaukee m12 can deliver 0.88 CFM of air at 0 PSI and 0.63 CFM at 35 PSI. On the other hand, the m18 air output capacity is 1.41 SCFM at 0 PSI and 0.99 SCFM at 45 PSI.
- The Milwaukee m12 has a maximum capacity of 120PSi. And the m18 is rated at 150 PSI maximum capacity.
- In our test, to fill the tire pressure from 25 PSI to 35 PSI, the m18 took 35 seconds, and the m12 took 1 minute and 20 seconds to fill the tire pressure at 35 PSI from 25 PSI.
- Is Size and weight matter? The Milwaukee m12 is compact and lightweight, weighing only 3.83 pounds without attaching a battery. On the other hand, the Milwaukee m18 weighs 9 pounds without the battery.
After inflating the different sizes of tires, this Milwaukee m18 is our pick for the best and fastest cordless 18V tire inflator overall.
How fast does the Milwaukee m18 inflate tires?
The company claimed the m18 is the fastest 18-volt cordless tire inflator that can to off a 33-inch truck tire in 1 minute.
We compared the m18 to some of the reliable 18 Volt cordless tire inflators to evaluate how fast it can inflate tires and its accuracy.
In this comparison, we used the Milwaukee m12, Dewalt DCC020IB, Milwaukee m18, and Ryobi 18V cordless compressor to raise my car tire pressure at 36 PSI from ZERO. It was easy to set the targeted pressure with the +- button on m12 and m18. The Ryobi was a cordless air compressor, so it had no automatic pressure setting option.
On the other hand, the Dewalt DCC020IB is a multi-function inflator. It has a high air volume delivering option for inflating air mattresses. It also has a high-pressure nozzle to use for inflating tires. This Dewalt inflator has a pressure-adjusting knob instead of +- buttons. So, You need to set the desired pressure by twisting the knob clockwise and anti-clockwise.
Here is the comparison of those inflator tire filling times.
|Model||Inflation Time 0-36PSI||Function||Price|
|5 minutes||Tire inflation only||95$|
|2 minutes |
and 26 seconds
|Tire inflation only||179$|
|Dewalt DCC020IB||5 minutes |
and 43 seconds
|Tire inflation and |
high volume air
|Ryobi 18V 1Gal||3 minutes||Cordless air |
Hi, I am Eddie T. Jones, and I am the author of homegearsolution.com. I have been working with household appliances, tools, outdoor gear, and gardening tools for several years. I publish unbiased comparisons based on user reviews, expert reviews and test results. I hope you like the website.
Best regards, Eddie T. Jones