To get the maximum working efficiency and run your upholstery staple gun entirely, you should choose the right-sized air compressor for delivering the right air pressure during working.
Most of the upholstery staple gun need 70-100 PSI air pressure.
In this article, we enlisted and reviewed the Best air compressor for upholstery staple gun. We picked 70-150PSi air compressors in our list that will help you run other air tools simultaneously. You should choose high CFM air compressor for framing Nailer.
TOP 3 UPHOLSTERY AIR COMPRESSOR – QUICK OVERVIEW
Best Quietest Unit – California Air Tools CAT-4710SQ
- Tank Size: 4.7 Gallon (Stainless Steel)
- Item Weight: 43 Pounds
- Maximum Pressure: 120 PSI
- Pump Type: Oil-Free Dual Piston
- Air Flow Rating: 4-8 SCFM at 120 PSI & 5.3SCFM @90 psi
- Motor Power: 1.0 HP – 110 Volts
How to Choose The Right Size air compressor for upholstery staple gun?
They are also known as upholstery air compressors. Whatever we said, all are the same in their category and usees for the same purposes. There are so many upholstery air compressors available in the market, so figure out the right size unit for your upholstery jobs. It could be challenging. It would be best to consider some of the technical options to keep in mind before making a buying decision for an upholstery air compressor.
- Tank Size
Nail guns are not required constant air to drive nails into the woods. The upholstery staplers contain the same rule, what nil guns followed yet. They needed a short burst of air when trigger nails into the wood. As like as, upholstery stapler needs a little burst air to drive pins. So if you have an air compressor for powering nail guns, you may use that unit for upholstery tasks.
Or, if it’s your first air compressor that you will use for your daily upholstery tasks, choose a 3-6 gallon air compressor. That can be capable of powering all types of nail guns.
- CFM And PSI Rating:
In our test, we recognize pneumatic upholstery stapler consumes 0.28 CFM in every shot, Which is a minimal amount of airflow they required. And they work fine between 70-115PSI without losing power. So it will be perfect to choose an air compressor that can produce 2 CFM at 90 PSI.
6 Best Air Compressor For Upholstery Staple Gun
1. Quiet upholstery air compressor – California Air Tools CAT-4710SQ
When the output noise is the major Issue in your upholstery workshop and wants to finish your daily upholstery task by keeping the environment quieter, this California Air Tools CAT-4710SQ is the perfect fit your job done.
I was overwhelmed by its noise level when we tested. It produces only 65DB during its run. Supposedly it is a significantly quieter unit than the similar size pancake models.
This CAT-4710SQ is powered by a 1 HP motor that quickly refills the tank. It takes only 32 seconds while filling its 4.7-gallon tank.
This California Air Tools CAT-4710SQ emits 2CFM at 90 PSi, and 120PSI is the maximum pressure. Wich is plenty enough to run an upholstery air compressor or other nail guns. But that will not be perfect for framing nailer if it encountered bump fire.
2. Pancake air compressor – PORTER-CABLE 6-Gallon, 150 PSI
PORTER-CABLE Compressor is the first model of pancake type in our category of air compressor for staple gun. Specially pancake type air compressors make for air tools.
They come with high CMF and PSI rating for giving you better performance in your worksite. The pancake-style makes them the right portability and optimal stability.
Heres, Why I pick this PORTER-CABLE pancake air compressor in this category.
- This pancake style compressor is specially constructed for air tools (staple gun and other nail guns)
- This model comes with a pancake types tank for optimal stability.
- It features a maximum of 150 PSI for extended run time. It is allowing you 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI for quick recovery.
- It also included an oil-free pump, Better than competitors.
- The oil-free pump allowing you better performance with zero maintenance in long time use
- A low amp 120 Volt (AC) motor run this air compressor and consume lower electricity than others.
- Two air outlet ports allow to power two air tools simultaneously.
- The most substantial gripping handle and 34 pounds weight make it easy to transporting and handy.
- The company claimed a tension-free 1-year limited warranty.
1x PORTER-CABLE pancake air compressor 6-gallon tank capacity
1x 25-foot nylon hose
13 pieces accessories, blow gun and attachments, tire chuck, tire gauge, quick coupler, plugs.
3 BOSTITCH Air Compressor Combo Kit
Interior and exterior finishing, making crafts like furniture, cabinets, staircases, or other upholstery work, you need these tools like BRAD NAILER, FINISH NAILER, and a STAPLER. Those tools make your job easier and faster.
Most professionals suggest air-powered tools according to their accuracy, most rapid working response, less expensiveness, and lightest weight.
According to your needs, I enlisted this BOSTITCH Air Compressor Combo Kit. It comes with a 6-gallon pancake tank-type air compressor like our first product (PORTER-CABLE). This model has the same PSI And SCFM rating. If you only need an air compressor for staple gun, you may choose the first one.
Here’s why I listed this air compressor combo kit in this list?
- It is an air compressor combo kit, and you will get the most needed tools in one package.
- It is featuring a maximum of 150 PSI and delivered 2.6SCFM in 90 PSI
- It comes with an oil-free pump like our first model
- 1x 6-gallon 150 PSI Pancake air compressor
- 1x BRAD NAILER
- 1x STRAIGHT FINISH NAILER
- 1x CROWN STAPLER
- 1x 15-foot air hose with fittings
4. Best jobsite air compressor For Upholstery – Makita MAC2400
This model of Makita MAC2400 is an industrial-grade air compressor. After extensive research, I found it and decided to enlist in this category. I hope it can be perfect to full fill every need.
2.5 HP motor running this compressor. It comes with oil type air pump, which makes it quieter than competitors. It is made for tough Jobsite, also best for the noise-sensitive area.
You will get 130PSI maximum air pressure and delivers 4.8 SCFM at 40PSi, 90PSi at 4.2 SCFM.
I hope the PSI & SCFM rating will run staple gun, nailers, inflate tires, and amaze you in any painting job.
It heaver weighed is 77LB, difficult to lift on hand. Use a wheeled cart to move it.
Here’s why this the Best Jobsite air compressor?
- The roll case construction made it the perfect Jobsite compressor in this category. Get complete protection in extreme Jobsite.
- This Makita mac2400 model comes with a twin sacked tank, and the tank capacity is 4.2 gallon.
- Oil-lubricated cooler type air pump included, which make it quieter than the oil-free model.
- Built-in thermal overload features protect the motor from burning in extreme conditions.
- It features a cast iron pump with a big bore cylinder and piston that allows the fastest recovery time to improve your working performance.
- Makita MAC2400 4.2 gallon air compressor
- Air Compressor Oil (181122-A)
- 2 1/4″ Universal Quick Coupler, Male (447013-E)
5. Craftsman Air Compressor – 10 Gallon
This craftsman 10-gallon air compressor is an oil-free unit in each category. It boasts 150 max PSI — the reliable and Well designed model for nailing jobs from stapling, framing, roofing, flooring to home garage.
It has a 1.8 HP motor and runs in 120V electricity, enough power to produce plenty enough power for all nail guns. This vertical 10-gallon air compressor can produce 4CFM at 90 PSI and 5CFM at 40 PSI, enough ability to run nail guns. Also, you may use that for small painting jobs.
It has two quick couplers for connecting two nail guns and allows you to continue teamwork.
It weighs 64.9 pounds, with its two 8 inch wheels convenient for easy movement.
6. Air Compressor With Staple Gun – PORTER-CABLE PCFP12234
The porter cable air compressor with a staple gun also included a finish nailer and a brad nailer that the three tools combo kit. It comes to meet any primary nailing and furniture insulation job.
This porter-cable combo air compressor unit with its three air tools will make your home remodeling and upholstery task easier in your tight budget.
It has adequate airflow to drive the included air tools without sacrificing power. The air compressor unit can deliver 2.6 CFM airflow at 90 PSI. That plenty enough to operate any upholstery stapler.
For nailing and stapling jobs or filling up car tires, a portable air compressor makes it more accessible without investing in a large-sized air compressor.
The 6-gallon type air compressors are more suitable and convenient for doing nailing and upholstery job. Sometimes homeowners use that for inflating their car tires.
This porter-cable air compressor with staple gun combo kit features a 6-gallon air tank designed to keep the air at a maximum of 150 PSI.
7. Portable Air Compressor For Staple Gun
The Senco PC1010 is the highly portable compressor unit in each category. The Senco PC1010 is a 1-gallon air compressor that boasts a 1/2HP motor. The combination of direct drive motor pump capable of rising air pressure at 120PSI max.
The Senco PC1010 is a perfect choice for interior trimming, brad nail, flooring, and upholstery jobs, which required a little punch or a short burst of air.
The compressor is super quiet in operation, and you may choose it if noise is a measure issue at your job site or a sealed inside.
You will get 20, 10, and 5 shots from 23, 18, 15 gauge nail guns before the unit kick back without having a big-size air compressor or investing a penny for bigger size units.
Final thought for choosing the right air compressor for staple gun for upholstery
I hope you got the right air compressor considering your needs. We enlisted top rated air compressor from the most popular brands.
Tank size SCFM and PSI are the essential things when choosing an air compressor. For Powering air tools like a nail gun, staple gun, and framing nailer, the 90-125PSi air compressor is perfect.
Most of the air compressors we enlisted can provide 120PSI air pressure, perfect for your upholstery staple gun.
IF you are a DIYer or professional and want to simultaneously run multiple air tools, choose the Makita MAC2400.
Another hand, if you need to run an air-powered sander or grinders, you should choose a high SCFM and PSI rating air compressor for getting better performance.