As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
In the world of canister vacuum cleaners, the Kenmore is in second position with a strong reputation for offering stellar features and strong suction power at an affordable price.
Kenmore canister vacuums are mostly bagged and equipped with dual motor systems that suit any hard and carpets flooring.
In this guide, we’ll review and compare the top-rated Kenmore canister vacuums. We have tested a full selection of Kenmore canister vacuums in daily home environments to find the best option at a lower price.
What Is The Best Kenmore Canister Vacuum?
The Best Kenmore Canister Vacuum we have tested is the Kenmore 81714 ultra lightweight 700 Series. A reasonably priced and pet-friendly bagged cleaning machine always earned 4.8 stars out of 5 in our cleaning tests on all types of carpets and hard flooring. You can adjust the cleaning head height according to surface needs. It has a suction control slider for adjusting the suction power. A dual-mode sliding switch near the fingertips allows you to transition the cleaning head from carpeting floors to hard floors without attaching any physical attachments. If you need to clean pet hair from upholstery, stair, or pet bed, choose this Kenmore 81714. It comes with a motorized pet PowerMate brush, and the HEPA filtration makes it pet-friendly.
Best Kenmore Canister Vacuum Overall – Kenmore 81714
The Kenmore 81714 is our favorite all-around canister vacuum—it has multiple height adjustment options, an electrically suction controlling feature, and two different surface cleaning modes—it’s an ideal canister vacuum for all types of flooring. Even performed well on Shag, deep pile, super-soft, and ultra-plush carpets.
The Kenmore 81714 offers reliable suction power to suit different surfaces, available at a lower price that won’t drain your pocket.
What’s To Like:
- 2-Motor system design: Meaning that the agitator/brush roller is motor powered. This powerhead system cleaning head can serve strong rotation power to deep clean all types of carpets flooring. Even it performed well in our tests on hard floor cleaning. A 3-way mode changing switch lets you match the vacuum to the surface type. Keep the slider switch at hard floor settings while cleaning hardwood floors for better effectiveness. Slide the switch to carpet mode to run the suction motor and the PowerMate agitator.
- HEPA Filtration: The Kenmore 81714 is wholly sealed and comes with a HEPA filtration system that ensures the exhaust is completely clean and allergen-free. It could be beneficial for pet owners and allergy sufferers.
- Telescoping Wand: This Kenmore canister vacuum telescoping wand will give the above cleaning opportunity with its size-adjusting functionality.
- Bare floor cleaning: As I said, this is the best overall Kenmore canister vacuum. It has solid and adjustable suction power that suit all kind of surfaces. In our hard floor cleaning tests, it earned a solid 4.7 stars out of 5. Note: You must keep the slider switch position at hard floor mode while cleaning the hardwood floor for better effectiveness. Otherwise, the agitator will keep spinning and scatter debris around.
Best Budget Kenmore Canister Vacuum: Kenmore 81214 200 Series
If you’re looking for the best Kenmore canister vacuum at an affordable price, consider the Kenmore 81214 from Kenmore 200 series. It’s a bagged canister vacuum.
This Kenmore bagged canister vacuum offers the same dual-motor system and HEPA filtration as the Kenmore elite and CrossOver models.
In our low pile carpets and hard floor cleaning tests, the Kenmore 81214 performed well, and the cleaning effectiveness was closely similar to other Kenmore Mid-budget models. It serves reliable suction power and easy maneuvering ability for carpets cleaning, even on bare floors.
The Kenmore 81214 features a 2-Way slider switch that lets you turn the brush roll motor on and off to suit different surfaces. It doesn’t feature the Kenmore innovations like the telescoping wand, Dirt sensor, and LED headlights, and it lacks the electrically suction control. Instead, it offers a manual air inlet gate that works as the suction control feature. The manual suction control allows you to change the vacuum suction according to the height and thickness of the carpet.
Considering all the features compared to this affordable price, it will be your best option.
Best High-End Kenmore Canister Vacuum – Kenmore Elite 21814
Kenmore’s most innovative technology, the dirt sensor, telescoping wand, and crossover feature, makes the Kenmore Elite 21814 the most High-End cleaning machine of their canister vacuum lineup.
The most exciting thing is that the cleaning effectiveness of the Kenmore Elite 21814 on bare and different-height carpets was similar to Kenmore’s mid-budget canister model, according to our testing results.
Let’s discuss the stellar features that turned it into a high-end canister vacuum.
- Enhanced Dirt Sensor Technology: Kenmore Elite 21814 has the dirt-sensor feature. It works when the slider switch on the carpet position. A blue LED is located on the front of the cleaning head. That illuminates when dirt passes through the nozzle. When the surface has been thoroughly cleaned, the blue light will turn off automatically.
|Model||Recommended Uses||Wand Type||Cord Length||Cleaning Head Type||Dirt Sensor|
|Kenmore elite 81714||Multi Surface||Telescopic||26 – Feet||Motorized||NO|
|Kenmore Elite 21814||Multi Surface||Telescopic||26 – Feet||Motorized||Yes|
|Kenmore 81214||Multi Surface||Standard||24 – Feet||Motorized||NO|
|Kenmore 81414||Multi Surface||Telescopic||26 – Feet||Motorized||NO|
|Kenmore 81614||Multi Surface||Telescopic||28 – Feet||Motorized||NO|
|Kenmore BC3005||Multi Surface||Telescopic||26 – Feet||Motorized||NO|
|Kenmore BC7005||Multi Surface||Telescopic||26 – Feet||Motorized||Yes|
Hi, I am Eddie T. Jones, and I am the author of homegearsolution.com. I have been working with household appliances, tools, outdoor gear, and gardening tools for several years. I publish unbiased comparisons based on user reviews, expert reviews and test results. I hope you like the website.
Best regards, Eddie T. Jones